Best Automotive Scanner in 2019 (Reviews and Buying Guide)
Whether you are a car enthusiast or professional mechanic who enjoys working on their own cars, or a person who wants to avoid large diagnostic fees at your local dealership, the car automotive scan tool is one of the best investments you can make. The best scan tool does not have to cost you too much and it can pay for itself in only one use. These tools will really help you to save money, energy, and also save you time. Before you know which professional scan tool to buy you need to figure out what exactly you need it for.
Purchasing a used car without warranty is the best time to use a car scanning tool, if the owner lets you do your own diagnostic test on the car (if they don’t, then it’s a red flag), then take the opportunity and the advantage to do your own diagnostic test.
Here is the list of the best automotive diagnostic tools and many of them produce codes that tell what specific problem is in the respective system, and lots of them have a digital screen.
1. Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scanner (BlueDriver)
This tool is known as a professional, sleek and stealth diagnostic tool for automotive because the person who developed it is a professional American engineer. Every average car owner can afford its reasonable price and this tool is really simple and easy to utilize. Based on Garage Tool Advisor, this tool is the second-best OBD2 scan tool existing on the market. One of the unique and good features of this tool is it transmits data to your Android or iOS mobile device because it has no built-in screen.
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by ASE Certified Mechanics
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
2. MK808 Autel MaxiCOM (OBD2 Scan Tool)
This tool is much more expensive than other standalone scanners, Autel MK808 also provides a lot of good things. A clear and large 7-inch high-quality LCD touchscreen makes it much easier to see and to use. It can give a clear and comprehensive diagnosis of literally every system in your car and provide you with a report on the health status of your vehicle.
- SPECIAL FUNCTIONS: The MK808 diagnostic tool with specific IMMO function protects car from being stolen as it can clear and program new key , TPMS service enables you to relearn TPMS sensors and store the replaced one(Autel sensor only).
- SUPERIOR FEATURES: This scan tool is built with OLS/EPB/SAS/DPF/BMS Service for all around protecting your car system.
3. Professional Auto Diagnostic Tool (Autel Maxisys Elite)
This tool is one of the very expensive models made for professional and experienced mechanics. Moreover, Autel Maxisys Elite is considered the best of the best because of its compatibility with over 80 models throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States. This tool also gives real-time updates for the software that is available.
- COMPLETE FUNCTIONS: Uniquely integrated vehicle programming capabilities working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface; access to instant Remote Control Tech Support for operation anytime and anywhere
- BROAD COVERAGE: Works on most OBD & CAN protocol vehicles (1996 and newer); supports complete system coverage for more than 80 American, Asian and European makes and models
4. Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P
This tool allows you to attach a digital camera to the device so you can see the problem more closely, in the market the Maxisys Pro is a superior tool to most others. It features Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity along with custom reprogramming and coding also with advanced diagnostics.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding and programming working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface
- EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE; The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US domestic, Asian and European makes and models
5. Foxwell NT510 BMW
This tool is excellent and the best scanning tool for diagnosing BMW model car, whether new or old (1987 to current). Basic and advanced functions are built-in including the control service inter resetting, oil light resetting and many more. This scan tool really works to specific Rolls Royce, Mini and BMW models.
- ALL FUNCTIONS IN YOUR HAND This bmw car obd2 scanner is capable of reading and clearing trouble codes of all major systems of BMW vehicles, including engine, airbag, transmission, ABS, SAS, DISA, DSC, SZL, TPMS, ect. It also can temporarily start and control your vehicle’s systems for active testing, provide you with accurate data results about troubleshoot and diagnostic problems.
- ADVANCED FEATURES FOR BMW Control service interval reset, brake deactivation, ABS module activation, battery registration, oil light service reset, traction and throttle body adjustment, DPF regeneration, troubleshoot the A/C, CBS condition-based service reset are just a few of special functions this professional code reader provides.