The Best Car Diagnostic Tool : Top Reviews & Buying Guide
In this day and age, it is truly impossible to thrive without a reliable vehicle. Some consumers might be lucky enough to be able to walk back and forth to work. Nonetheless, they’ll still need an automobile at some point or another.
Unfortunately, owning an automobile comes with a wealth of additional responsibilities. Even if you take precautions, there is a possibility that your vehicle will experience problems sometime in the future. By investing in a reliable car diagnostic tool, you will be able to keep a closer eye on your vehicle’s condition, so you can keep your vehicle in good shape.
Best Car Diagnostic Tool: Comparison table
Choosing A Professional Car Diagnostic Tool
When attempting to invest in one of these products, it will be absolutely essential to take your time and consider your options. You’ll also want to put in a substantial amount of time reading the most current car diagnostic tool reviews. This might seem like a time-consuming process, but it will pay off immensely in the long run and give you the peace of mind knowing you’ve made the best decision possible. Below, you’ll discover tips for choosing a Bluetooth car diagnostic tool for your vehicle.
Related post: Best OBD2 Scanner
Consider Your Vehicle Brand
First and foremost, you will need to choose a car diagnostic tool, which is actually compatible with your automobile. When scouring through the available products, you will quickly discover that all products are only compatible with certain automobile brands. It is absolutely essential to choose a tool that will work fluidly with your vehicle. If you make a wrong choice and the tool is not compatible with your vehicle’s make and model, you’ll be forced to send it back for a replacement. Thankfully, some of the better tools are capable of accommodating up to 72 different car brands.
While you’re at it, you should realize that the majority of diagnostic tools will come equipped with some form of connectivity. Most are either Wi-Fi enabled or Bluetooth compatible. In some cases, your tool of choice might be compatible with both. Bluetooth connectivity will make it possible for you to connect to the diagnostic tool and monitor your vehicle’s status from inside and outside of your automobile. However, if you move too far away, the signal will not be strong enough. There is where Wi-Fi connectivity will be more suitable.
With a Wi-Fi compatible tool, you will be able to check your vehicle’s status from almost anywhere.
It is important to remember that technology is consistently changing. As time goes by, manufacturers of car diagnostic tool Android products will work to improve their tools. This means that they’ll release updates from time to time. Depending on your product, you may or may not be able to receive these updates for free. Some companies will offer a few years of free updates with your original purchase. Then, they’ll charge another fee for updates after that period of time has elapsed. Make sure you’re aware of specifics, before making the purchase!
Although it depends on the product at hand, many diagnostic tools will be equipped with internal batteries. This makes it possible to utilize the tool, without needing to connect it to your automobile’s battery. With this in mind, battery life will be absolutely pertinent. In general, it is best to opt for the longest battery life as possible. This will keep you connected for as long as possible before you need to recharge or replace the battery.
When looking for a diagnostic tool, you will want to make sure you look closely at the languages available. Some of these products are much more versatile than others. Some are capable of providing you with information in numerous languages, while others are only compatible with one or two languages. If you prefer something other than American English, you will want to make sure your diagnostic tool of choice offers it!
Some of these products are much more versatile than others. Some will only be able to provide you with basic error codes, while others will come with their very own tablet. While the tablet might not be a necessity, it will prove to be a good addition for many and will offer a wealth of additional functions. For instance, some of the included tablets can be utilized to take and store videos and photographs. If you’re willing to spend more and want the most comprehensive solution possible, you will definitely want to choose a diagnostic tool that comes with its very own tablet.
Last, but certainly not least, it is absolutely pertinent to carefully inspect the warranty provided with the product that you’re about to purchase. Remember that a longer warranty will make the product a much better overall value. While the warranty will not enhance the tool’s performance, it will go to great lengths to help protect your investment. If something goes awry within a few months of ownership, the warranty will help protect you and force the manufacturer to fix the problem for free!
Truly, all consumers should consider investing in the best car diagnostic tool that they can find. These tools are enormously beneficial and they will help keep your automobile in optimum condition. Just remember that not all tools are equal and some are only compatible with certain types of automobiles. Therefore, you will need to carefully analyze your vehicle and then use the car diagnostic tool reviews provided above to ensure you get the best product possible.
Below, you will learn more about the best car diagnostic tool products and how they work.
1. Launch X431 V+ Pro3 Android OBD2 Auto Car Diagnostic Tool
Diagnosing a car’s computer system can be virtually impossible without the proper diagnostic tool. Automobile technology is consistently evolving and just about everything goes through a computer chip nowadays. It’s like when the pesky check engine light shows up on your dash, but the car seems to be running just fine. Does something have to be wrong because that light is on, right? By making the investment in the Launch X431 Pro3, you will always know exactly what is wrong. This is truly the ultimate diagnostic tool and will help you identify the problem every time.
- 【11 RESET FUNCTIONS + BROAD VEHICLES SUPPORT】: This Launch diagnostic tool supports Oil Reset, SAS reset, ABS Bleeding, EPB reset, Injector coding, DPF regeneration, BMS Reset, TPMS Reset, Anti-theft matching, Tooth learning, Throttle matching. This diagnostic scanner works for over 80 car brands and 10000 car models from America, Europe, Asia, and even diagnose HEAVY-DUTY TRUCKS if be used with X-431 heavy-duty module (can be purchased separately).
- 【ECU CODING + FULL SYSTEMS DIAGNOSES】: Launch X431 V+ is one powerful automotive scan tool, which can Read/Clear DTCs, Read Live Data Stream and Give Maintenance Recommendations for all system of car such as Engine, ABS, SRS, Transmission, Brake system, Emission system, Fuel system, Light system, Wiper system, Body, Power strain, Chassis, etc. ECU CODING function makes this scan tool a very qualified partner for garage and mechanics.
2 Free Year Updates
The technology in cars is always changing and the creators of this amazing new tool understand that fact. It seems like after a year has passed the technology has completely changed. When you purchase this diagnostic machine, you will receive 2 years of free updates. After the first 2 free years, you’ll need to pay for updates in the future. So, when you think about it these two free years of updates basically pay for the tool in full.
Built-In User Manual
User manuals are very handy when it comes to using an enormously complicated diagnostic tool like this. With all the features available, it would be impossible to learn everything the tool has to offer after one use. On the other hand, user manuals get bunched up, lost, and the writing fades out. This is why the Pro3 comes with a built-in user manual. Anytime you need to reference the manual all you have to do is log in to your account and access your profile settings. You will never have to worry about losing or dirtying your manual again because it is built right into your unique diagnostic system.
Support A Variety Of Cars
This tool is capable of diagnosing 72 different brands of USA, European, and Asian vehicles. Along with this, the machine also supports 12 volt and 24-volt gasoline vehicles, as well as some 12-volt diesel engines.
- Supports 72 different USA, European, and Asian vehicles
- Even supports some diesel engines
- Built-in user manual
- Free 2-year updates with purchase
- No need to download to the memory card with the one-click update
- Includes additional features like video, photo, and multimedia
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatible
- Powerful battery works for 8 straight hours
Vehicle troubleshooting can be difficult without the right tool. With the Pro3, you will never have to second guess a diagnosis again. You will know exactly why that check engine light is coming on and how to fix it.Check latest price
2. Launch X431 PRO3 V2.0 Full Car System OBD2 Scanner
A high-quality diagnostic scanner shouldn’t break the bank to provide the necessities of an auto mechanic. The scanner features a clear DTC, read DTC, repair data, special test and view data stream. To help make the diagnosis process easier, the Launch X431 has a large touchscreen display. The display will show readouts and offer easier navigation control. The interface is very user-friendly, making this the perfect scanner for a proficient and novice mechanic.
- TWO YEARS FREE UPDATE: The latest Electronic Auto Diagnostic Tool from Launch, the X431 Diagnostic Scanner is with 2 years free update,(general is with 1 year free update) and it's designed to help all levels of car mechanic to interact with a vehicle computer system to do complete problem diagnosis and trouble code reading/clearing
- GREAT TOOL FOR EVERY CAR MECHANIC: Suitable for use with every OBDII car and additional non-OBDII vehicles with the included set of connection adapters, the X431 Diagnostic Scanner helps you to do repair and maintenance work on 72 car brands from the USA, Europe, Asia. The X431 Diagnostic Scanner advanced makes your work time more efficient.
Most auto mechanics are skilled to work on a wide range of vehicle makes and models. With this said, their tools must also be able to keep up, as well. The Launch X431 Scanner is embedded with state-of-the-art components and features, so mechanics can diagnose issues in the newest vehicles rolling off the assembly line. The company also provides 2 years of free updates, which is a bonus that will come in handy later on down the road.
The scanner supports 72 vehicle brands from Europe, Asia, and the United States. The Pro3 not only helps mechanics diagnose electrical issues but will also help them make the necessary repairs.
- Includes 2 years of free software updates
- Supports 72 vehicle brands from U.S., Europe, and Asia
- The interface is very user-friendly
- Half the price of an expensive brand
- Includes online technical advice and support
- Immobilizer coding
- Recognizes VIN and performs auto searches
- Supports multiple languages (German, English, Italian, Spanish, French and more)
The Launch X431 Pro3 Scanner is the only diagnostic tool you will need. This tool features a wide range of functions, with various resets, including service light and electronic parking brake. The tool is encased in a durable shockproof case to prevent accidental damage, which is always a possibility in a busy shop.Check latest price
3. Launch X431 V+ Full System Diagnostic Tool
If you’re looking for a thoroughly comprehensive vehicle diagnostic tool, you will definitely want to check out the X431 Pro. This product might be expensive, but it will ultimately pay for itself in the long run. The product will give you better insight into your vehicle’s condition, so you can take action as necessary. At the same time, this tool comes with 2 years of free updates. This helps to make the Launch X431 well worth its price!
- 【Powerful All Systems Diagnostics + ECU Coding】LAUNCH X431 V+ scan tool can read/clear codes, view live data, ECU info and perform active test, adaptation, matching, coding for all vehicle systems (Engine, Body, Powertrain, Chassis) to help major maintenance and repair tasks, including ECM, TCM, ABS, SRS, BCM, IMM, BMS, TPMS, SAS, Fuel System, Light System, Wiper System, etc. It also supports ONLINE CODING for BENZ, AUDI, VW, PORSCHE, KIA, HYUNDAI vehicles and many other offline coding functions
- 【20 Kinds of Resetting Services】LAUNCH X431 V+ diagnostic tool supports 20 reset functions: Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission reset, ABS Bleeding, Injector coding, Gear Reset, SAS Reset, TPMS Reset, DPF Reset, IMMO Reset, BMS Reset, ETS Reset, Oil Reset, Brake Reset, AFS Reset, EGR Adaptation, GEARBOX, SUNROOF, SUS Reset,(contact us if you need to confirm your car model) fully meeting your needs.
The Launch X431 V+ is very versatile and is compatible with a wide variety of different automobiles. In total, the tool works fluidly with more than 68 car brands from Asia, Europe, and America. At the same time, it will work with around 220 different car models. In all likelihood, this tool will be compatible with your current vehicle. The tool works with all popular brands, including Land Rover, Ford, Chrysler, GM, Mitsubishi, and Toyota.
When choosing one of these tools, you will want to make sure you’ll be able to check your vehicle’s status at any point in time. You’ll be able to do just that with the Launch X431. This is the case because the product supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. With the included Android 5.1 tablet, you will be able to access the diagnostic tool and examine your vehicle’s condition very easily. Remember that the tablet comes with a 5 MP and a 2 MP camera. This will give you the ability to take pictures of automobile parts should a problem arise.
- Comes with a convenient user manual and protective storage case
- Protected by a full 1-year warranty
- Android 5.1 Tablet is very handy and features two cameras
- Works with the majority of modern automobile brands
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatible
- Comes with 2 years of free updates
- Offers maintenance recommendations and more
When it comes down to it, the Launch X431 V+ is definitely a good investment. This tool is thoroughly versatile and will work fluidly with the mass majority of vehicles. Plus, wireless connectivity will make your life much easier. If you want to keep a close eye on your vehicle’s status at all times, investing in this product will prove to be a good decision.Check latest price
4. Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool With Wi-Fi Compatibility
Vehicles can be complicated at times, especially when they malfunction. While most people rely on auto mechanics to diagnose and fix their vehicles, others prefer to do it themselves. Finding a licensed and reputable mechanic is always an issue since most businesses are licensed or reputable, never both. When it comes to your car, you will need to keep it maintained and in good repair at all times, because it is your lifeline. This is where the Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool will come into play. This device is capable of diagnosing and analyzing a wide range of problems, with your vehicle’s electrical system.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding and programming working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface
- EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE; The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US domestic, Asian and European makes and models
The great benefit of the Autel Maxisys Tool is it is capable of storing data. This feature will come in handy for licensed mechanics that provide services to the public. A large volume of customers will come with a large volume of data that will need to be stored properly. Every time you analyze and inspect a vehicle, you will obtain a substantial amount of data about the vehicle. This data will prove to be valuable because it can help you detect the problem that is causing the vehicle to malfunction.
The diagnostic tool not only stores vehicle records, but it will also store customer information. This will definitely make your job easier while keeping your files and records neat and tidy.
The automotive industry is always evolving, with modern technology and design. Manufacturers are working diligently to design and create vehicles that appeal to the consumer. These vehicles use state-of-the-art technology and components to provide the rider with a comfortable ride and a longer service life. However, when the vehicle malfunctions, it will be left up to the owner to have it repaired. While the Autel Maxisys Diagnostic Tool is fully capable of diagnosing issues with the electrical system, it may be limited when it comes to a new vehicle. This is why Autel provides customers with free updates, which will empower the mechanic to diagnose issues in most modern vehicles.
- Free updates
- Protected by a rubberized cover
- Advanced ECU programming and coding
- SAE compliant programming pass-thru interface
- Stores a wide range of data
- Built-in troubleshooting of diagnostic errors and bugs
- Compatible with a wide range of vehicle types
- 0 USB port
- Built-in camera
- Embedded G-sensor, ambient light sensor, and air gesture sensor
- Battery powered
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system
The Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool is a must-have for every mechanic or car enthusiast. This device could potentially be the determination between a well-maintained vehicle and a malfunctioning vehicle. The interface is very user-friendly, making it suitable for the novice or the proficient mechanic. It only weighs 11.3 kilograms, so it will not load down your toolbox if you provide mechanical services on the road.Check latest price